First, install and activate the Optimizely / Episerver Personalization extension:
- Download the Episerver extension from
your Pulse Extensions
- From Package Manager Console in Visual
Studio, run: Install-Package
- In Episerver, navigate
to Admin Panel --> Admin -->
Tools --> Pulse Episerver
- If you have an existing API key
already, you can enter is manually by
clicking the edit icon, copying your
API key into the Pulse API key input
box, and clicking Save.
- If you need a new API key, enter your
First Name, Last Name,
Company Name, and Email address.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will receive a confirmation
message that you have registered.
Once the module is installed and you have activated your subscription key, you can personalize using Episerver Visitor Groups. To do this:
- From Episerver CMS, navigate to Visitor Groups.
- Click the Create button.
- The Create Visitor Group page
- Expand the Pulse Analytics section
from the criteria section on the
right-hand side of the screen.
- Left-click and drag the Social
Interest option to the Criteria
section where it says, "Drop new
- The Select a Segment dropdown list will appear.
- Expand the dropdown list to view all
- Select a segment from the list (e.g.,
pick Dog Lovers).
- A brief description of the market
segment will appear, along with a
thumbnail image and a link that says,
"View the Map."
- Click the View the
- The my.pulse.app site will open in a
new tab / window, showing that market
segment you've selected.
- Close the new tab / browser window to
return to the Episerver CMS.
- Enter a Name and any desired Notes in the Other
- Click the Save button to
save your new Visitor Group.
- Your new Visitor Group will appear on
the list. You can view or modify your
Visitor Group by clicking on its title
of by clicking on the Edit icon.
- You can duplicate, delete, or disable
analytics on the visitor segment as
expected using native Episerver
- You are able to reference the Visitor
Group as expected when adding content
to Personalized Groups.
Once you have created your Visitor Groups, you can personalize any available block from the Episerver CMS. To do this:
- Navigate to the page that you wish to
add your personalization.
- Find the area you'd like to
- Drag the block you'd like to show when
your Pulse Visitor Group condition is
true into the Personalized
- Change the default "Everyone" option
to specify the Visitor Group you
created in the steps above from
the Who can see this
- Preview as that Visitor Group to
validate your personalization has
- Publish your changes to apply the